Sunday 12 January 2014

Innovations WIP: Lucinda

This is a wip for my NCCA Innovations assignment. In this self-authored brief  'Investigating character modelling using non-orthographic reference imagery of various characters', I aim to do just that: explore modelling characters with no orthographics loaded onto image planes. Instead, the artist (myself in this case) works from a sort of character mood board with various different characters of various different styles featured, and incorporates different elements which they like into their sculpt.

Having begun the process on this model, I've realised that the 'character board' is used less that I anticipated, and the more natural process appears to be a design whilst sculpting workflow, with the character board informing the artist now and again.

I will upload the mood board with the final character. For now, this is my work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment